Authentix Introduces New Field-Ready Forensic-Level Fuel Testing System
Authentix MSX1000 represents giant leap forward in the fight against fuel adulteration, fuel smuggling and fuel tax evasion
Dallas - July, 2012
Authentix, the global leaders in authentication, introduces the new Authentix MSX1000, a fuel test system that delivers forensic-level fuel analysis in a field-deployable format. Easy-to-use, ruggedized and transportable, the MSX1000 delivers a quick, robust field test to aid in the prevention of fuel adulteration, fuel smuggling, and fuel tax evasion.
The MSX1000 system incorporates a direct-read device that uses Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry -widely accepted as the analytical 'gold standard' of forensic analysis-to detect Authentix Mass Differentiated markers in fuels. Combining these markers and the device with proprietary software accessed via tablet PC, the system provides the most secure fuel marking technology available-immune to removal, masking, or copying.
"The MSX1000 is incredibly robust yet simple to use due to its software, which is based on an intuitive Graphical User Interface," says Jeff Conroy, Vice President, Technology Development. "This software, controlled via tablet PC, enables even entry-level users to perform complex forensic fuel analysis quickly in the field."
Key Benefits of the MSX1000 system include:
- Forensic-level Analysis - Based on Gas Chromotography/Mass Spectrometry (GCMS), the 'gold standard' of laboratory analysis
- Multi-dimensional Analysis - Unique in its ability to provide 'three dimensional' data that provides two unique identifiers as well as quantity of the markers
- Portable - Field deployable thanks to the device's ruggedized housing
- Simple to Use - Due to the user-friendly GUI (accessed via handheld tablet PC)
- Fast - 10 times faster than most laboratory-based GCMS; providing definitive, court-defensible test results in the field within minutes
- Secure - The analysis data is stored and protected under multiple layers of electronic security
The Authentix MSX1000 is the latest addition to Authentix' ever growing toolkit for their industry-leading fuel authentication programs, making its solutions sets the most comprehensive in the industry. The MSX1000 represents the next step in bringing laboratory-quality GCMS fuel analysis methods into the field with a ruggedized, transportable device-taking forensic-level fuel analysis into the field.
Authentix is the global leader in fuel authentication. Serving clients including national governments and oil and gas brand leaders worldwide, our comprehensive fuel authentication programs are used to prevent the loss of sales and tax revenues and protect the integrity of fuels. These programs are built on a foundation of extensive fuel industry expertise which enables Authentix to accurately analyze distribution, identify and quantify areas of abuse, design and install sustainable solutions, and manage ongoing programs that ensure compliance and supply chain integrity. Authentix fuel authentication programs are proven and effective. Authentix solutions have allowed our clients to recover over $11 billion in lost revenues in the oil and gas, pharmaceutical and consumer goods industries alone.