Authentix—The Global Leaders in Authentication
Authentix has a long history of providing effective authentication, traceability and banknote processing solutions to Fortune 500 and Government clients. Authentix was formed in 2003 from the merger of Isotag and Biocode, thus combining two of the authentication industry’s leading players. Authentix has since continued to grow by offering clients comprehensive authentication solutions rather than just single point technologies.
- In 1992, Biocode became independent from Royal Dutch Shell following its earlier formation in 1989.
- Isotag Technology, Inc. was formed in 1996 with technology acquired by Isotag as developed by Los Alamos National Labs.
- In early 2002, the current Authentix senior management team joined Isotag and began to redirect the company’s strategy thus moving them to the forefront of the emerging authentication industry.
- In early 2003, additional acquisitions were made to augment the Authentix technology portfolio, specifically its security ink and packaging expertise.
- In November 2003, Authentix was formed from the merger of Isotag and Biocode—bringing together the two industry-leading authentication technology companies.
- In early 2008, an investment group led by The Carlyle Group and J.H. Whitney, Inc. purchased Authentix thus enabling the company to continue its acquisition and growth strategy in its pursuit to be the recognized global leader in authentication.